30th May 2023
Mobile Streams plc, the AIM quoted mobile content and data intelligence company, is pleased to announce it has signed an upgraded and extended contract with La Liga football club Cadiz further to the agreement announced on 11 January 2023 relating to the exclusive provision of NFT products. This subsequent agreement, at no additional cost to MOS, extends the 5-year contract length by 6 months noting that no NFT's or related products have been launched to date and also expands the product range as set out below.
Cádiz Club de Fútbol, S.A.D., known simply as Cádiz, is a Spanish professional football club based in Cádiz, Andalusia. Founded in 1910, the club competes in Spain's top tier football league La Liga. Last year the club also reached the quarter finals of the Copa del Rey, Spain's top cup competition.
The contract had been extended by 6 months and the following additional rights have been added:
- Fan Tokens: offer the fans the opportunity to acquire tokens, which can be redeemed for unique and personalised products or services.
- Legendary Player Cards: collectible cards of legendary Cádiz CF players, which can be purchased by the fans.
- Vintage Shields: offer the fans the opportunity to obtain replicas of vintage Cádiz CF shields.
- Mosaics and Collages of Signatures: mosaics and collages of the signatures of the players from the 22/23 and 23/24 seasons, as well as the names of the players with their respective signatures.
- Vintage Tickets: offer the fans the opportunity to purchase old club tickets, allowing them to remember the most memorable moments in the club's history.
- Carranza Trophy: A digital replica of the Carranza Trophy, and Carranza Trophy tournament posters.
- 3D Art Creativity Pieces: 3D art pieces inspired by the team and its players, which can be acquired by the fans.
Fan tokens are a type of digital coin token created using blockchain technology. They are created to empower fans to engage with their favourite sports teams, clubs, or celebrities by granting different access rights, privileges, and other perks.
Non-Fungible Tokens ("NFTs") are digital data stored in a blockchain, a form of distributed ledger. The ownership of an NFT is recorded in the blockchain, and can be transferred by the owner, allowing NFTs to be sold and traded. In effect the Company's products are digital merchandise. An example would be a sports trading card - NFTs produced under this contract are one-of-a-kind trading cards. If you traded it for a different card, you'd have something completely different.
Mark Epstein, CEO Mobile Streams plc, said:
"We are delighted to announce this expansion of rights in this contract with Cádiz. The Fan token rights in particular represent another step forward for the business. We look forward to launching our first products with them soon."